SPeRA: Solidarity, Projects and Resources for Africa.
The purpose of the Consortium is, as written in the article n. 3 of the Statute, to operate in the field of international cooperation in humanitarian activities for the active support of third world countries, Africa in particular.
Through the collaboration between the various realities within it, SpeRA intends to set up:
• a center that offers the experience and knowledge exchanged between all members.
• a stronger reality for single members in order to communicate with the media, the institutions and the sponsors obtaining better results.
SPeRA is registered in the roll of charity associations of Liguria region.
The establishment of the Consortium.
In June 2010, at Castello D’Albertis in Genoa, was held the first conference of SpeRA.
The conference – which has had considerable success, due to the presence of more than fifty associations of Liguria and Southern Piedmont that joined sharing their recent projects – has given rise to the idea of bringing together the associations in a consortium. The main purpose of this choice is to have greater collaboration and optimization of human and financial resources invested by the sigle associations for their projects, relying also on a higher impact when dealing with institutions.
This conference led to the constitution of the Association of all Ligurian charity organizations working in Africa, called SPeRA.
The main belief that moves the participants in the consortium SpeRA is that joining forces may lead to an implementation of energy and results in the hope of gaining advantages and synergies.
The Board of governors – operating since the first meeting on 9 November 2010 – is composed by members representatives of the organizations of the Consortium, whose names are listed in the box on the side.
The associations that are members are listed in the ” associations ” page.
Activities carried out
- 14/15/16 June– “ITALY FOR AFRICA”
- 27 January – presentation of the del 3° SPeRA National Conference – Rome, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Onofri Room
- 1 January – birth of Progetto Aquilone – collaboration between University of Genoa, Italy and University of Ebolowa, Camerun
- 30 June – 2 July – 2° National Conference of the Charity Associations for Africa: “Women in Africa – Experiences and Projects”
- 8 March – Exhibition “Woman in Africa” in the show room of Regione Liguria, Piazza De Ferrari, Genoa
- 14 February– Press conference for the launch of SPeRA – Auditorium Regione Liguria, Piazza De Ferrari, Genoa
- 3 November– Constitution of Consorzio SPeRA – Largo Rosanna Benzi 8 – Genoa
- 3-5 June – 1° SPeRA National Conference organized by Medici in Africa at Castello D’Albertis, Genoa
- 28 May – partecipation in Tv show on TeleGenova, promoted by Medici in Africa